All California real estate transactions now include a Home Fire Hardening Disclosure and Advisory Document.
Many Insurance companies are requiring house hardening as well.
- No eaves, soffits or roof ventilation with openings in excess of 1/8 inch
- No roof coverings made of untreated wood shingles or shake
- Disclosure of single pane or non- tempered glass windows
- No loose or missing bird stopping or roof flashing
- Disclosure of gutters without metal or non-combustible covers
- Juniper and Cypress trees are very flammable, burn hot and throw off lots of embers! Your insurance company may require their removal.
- Replace bark with stones and use water retaining plants.
- Clear bark at least 10 ft from the perimeter of your home.
Leave A Comment